Today’s electric bikes come in a various sizes and styles many of which don’t look all that much different from traditional non electric bikes. When you consider it alongside the annual costs of fueling, insuring, and maintaining an automobile, an e-bike literally pays for itself over time. Here are some of the best electric bikes currently on the market
Our Best Picks
- Motor – 36V 200w brushes
- Range – 60-70km
- MAxload – 120 kg
- Battery – 8A detachable
- charge time – 4 hrs
- size 20″
- weight 19.5 kg
- max speed 25 km/h
- accessories bell, rear rack
- light : front light +front and rear reflector
- Frame: Light weight 6061-T6 Aluminium
- Crankset: Prowheel Solid Light weight
- Shifter: Shimano Altus SL-M310 Rapid Fire Plus, 7 Speed
- Derailleur: Shimano 7-Speed
- Rim: Aluminium, Spoke Rim 20
- Tyre: 20×1.75 Kenda
- Hub/BB: Sealed Bearing
- Front Brake: Tektro Disc Brake with Safety E-Brakes Power Cut-Off, 160mm Rotor
- Rear Brake: Tektro Disc Brake with Safety E-Brakes Power Cut-Off, 160mm Rotor
- Saddle: Selle Royal Gel
- Display: LED Display (Light, Speed, Battery, Power, Distance)
- Motor: Silent Brushless Gear Hub 250W, 36V
- Battery: Lithium Ion 36V, 7.8Ah
- Charger: 240V/110V, 50-60HZ, 2A, Intelligence Charger, 4-6HR
- Factory Fitted Euro Rear Luggage Rack
- Aero Front and Rear Fenders
- Weigth: 18.9kg
- Motor: 36V 200W Brushless Motor
- Max Speed (No load): Not Applicable (Motor assist cut off before 25 km/h)
- Reverse Speed (No load): Not Applicable
- Gradeability: 10°
- Throttle: Pedal-Assist
- Battery Type: High Quality 18650 Lithium Ion Battery
- Range (Battery): 35 – 50 km 8AH
- Charging Time: 4 – 6 hours
- Front Tyre: 20″ Pneumatic
- Rear Tyre : 20″ Pneumatic
- Suspension: No
- Front Light: Yes
- Rear Light: Reflector Only
- Front Brake: Caliper Brake
- Rear Brake: Drum Brake
- Unfolded Dimension ( L x B x H ): 1620 x 630 x 965 mm
- Folded Dimension ( L x B x H ): Not Applicable
- Width: 630 mm
- Nett Weight: 20kg
- Gross Weight (With Product Packaging): 24kg
- Built-in Seat: Adult Seat
- Optional Add-on Seat: Adult Seat
- LCD Display: No
- Kickstand: Yes
- Color: Black
- Additional Feature: Detachable battery
- Limited Warranty: 3 months (Carry-in)
- Safety Standard: EN15194, Singapore Safety Mark (Charger)
- UL2272 Certified: Not Applicable (Electric Bicycle)
- Disclaimer: Product specifications subjected to change without notice
Note 1: In Singapore, ebike is also known as Power-Assisted Bicycle (PAB).
Note 2: ZEBRA is eligible for MOT E-scooter Trade-in Grant (ETG) for food delivery riders from (Foodpanda, Grabfood and Deliveroo)
The ZEBRA ebike frame and handle is made of high strength aluminium. This LTA approved electric bicycle adopts a step through frame which allows for easy mount and dismount from the bicycle. In other words, the ZEBRA is suitable for food delivery riders who requires frequent dismounting or riders with restricted agility. Further more, step through frame is safer because it allows the rider to step infront of the seat and rest both feet firmly on the ground.
This LTA approved ebike comes with a rear bracket which can be used to secure a food delivery bag.
The floor to seat height is larger than other similar ebikes therefore may not be suitable for riders with smaller builds.
This ebike uses a 250W DC brushless motor.
The ZEBRA power-assisted bicycle (PAB) adopts a detachable battery design. Therefore, you can extend the distance by having spare batteries or park the bicycle and remove the battery to charge.
The 36V 9AH li-ion battery is able assist the rider for up to 50km per full charge.
This PAB uses 24″ diameter and 1.75″ wide pneumatic tyres. Therefore this ebike is suitable to urban city use.
The ZEBRA comes with front and rear caliper brakes. This PAB is also equipped with a front light and rear reflector. In addition, there is a chain guard to prevent the clothing from entangling the chain.
Electric bicycles (e-bikes) are also known as Power-Assisted Bicycles (PABs).
ZEBRA (A5AH24) is type approved by LTA.
The use of e-bike in Singapore is regulated by the authorities. Some of the important regulations are:
1. PAB rider must wear a helmet when riding on roads.
2. PAB rider and pillion must be 16 years and above
3. PABs cannot be used on pedestrian pathways.
- Motor36V 200W Brushless MotorMax Speed (No load)Not Applicable (Motor assist cut off before 25 km/h)Reverse Speed (No load)Not ApplicableGradeability10°ThrottlePedal-AssistBattery TypeHigh Quality 18650 Lithium Ion Battery 8AHRange (Battery)35 – 50 kmCharging Time4 – 6 hoursFront Tyre20″ PneumaticRear Tyre20″ PneumaticSuspensionNoFront LightYesRear LightReflector OnlyFront BrakeCaliper BrakeRear BrakeDrum BrakeUnfolded Dimension ( L x B x H )1620 x 630 x 965 mmFolded Dimension ( L x B x H )Not ApplicableWidth630 mmNett Weight20kgGross Weight (With Product Packaging)24kgBuilt-in SeatAdult SeatOptional Add-on SeatAdult SeatLCD DisplayNoKickstandYesColorBlackAdditional FeatureDetachable batteryLimited Warranty6 months (Carry-in)Safety StandardEN15194, Singapore Safety Mark (Charger)UL2272 CertifiedNot Applicable (Electric Bicycle)DisclaimerProduct specifications subjected to change without notice
You may also be interested in these articles